Slogans are catchy phrases used by many of the brands we love. From insurance companies to the fashion industry or tech giants, slogans reel in people to the brand and its products. Brand slogans highlight everything about a company and make lasting impressions on consumers.
A brand slogan provides an accurate image of a company. Other reasons slogans are important to brands include:
- Brand recognition – A catchy slogan will be memorable and positions a brand where they want to be – in the minds of the consumers. Think of Nationwide Insurance’s slogan, “Nationwide is on your side.” (Did you sing their jingle in your head?)
- Stand out – A unique slogan elevates a brand from its competition. L’Oreal’s slogan “Because you’re worth it” is a perfect example as the brand is directly addressing its audience.
- Increase demand – Effective slogans increase a brand’s desirability. “Quality never goes out of style” is Levi’s’ slogan. Many denim brands have come and gone, but Levi’s is still as relevant as ever.
With these in mind, here are some brands we love with some of the catchiest slogans.
- Nike – “Just Do It”
- Who isn’t familiar with Nike’s slogan? For more than 30 years, the brand has rocked their slogan, and it still works. Whenever you here “Just Do It,” you’re instantly reminded of the swoosh. It also helps that the brand has partnered with some of the most iconic athletes of all time – Michael Jordan, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Serena Williams.
- Apple – “Think Different”
- One of the most successful ad campaigns ever launched, Apple’s “Think Different” galvanized the consumers’ need for tech and to be unique. Like your iPhone or MacBook, the company’s slogan is sleek and minimal.
- Lew’s Barbershop – “Because Salons are for Girls”
- We get it. Sometimes it gets crowded in salons and waiting for your haircut will take a little longer. Lew’s Barbershop encapsulates the male demographic. Their slogan is simple and straightforward just like the typical men’s haircut.
- KFC – “It’s finger lickin’ good”
- Who eats fried chicken with a knife and a fork? Hardly anyone. KFC’s “It’s finger lickin’ good” shows exactly how one should enjoy the fast-food chain’s chicken – with their hands. The simple, catchy slogan is so good that KFC has been using its slogan since the 1950s.
- Big Lawn Shark – “You Grow It, We’ll Mow It”
- Based on its playful, yet straight to the point slogan, we know that Big Lawn Shark is a landscaping company. It may sound a little silly, but its creativity in delivers the message that they are the team that will mow anything growing in your yard.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – “America runs on Dunkin’”
- Dunkin’ Donuts’ rebranding process that started in 2006 has catapulted its name at the forefront of what we’d call “Donut Wars.” The company has repositioned itself as the go-to donut by the people who run this great nation – the construction worker, the creative class, the doctors, the lawyers. And now, “America runs on Dunkin’” is one of the most visible brands out there.
- McDonald’s – “I’m lovin’ it”
- Partnering with the one and only Justin Timberlake, McDonald’s successfully rebranded with the new slogan “I’m lovin’ it” at the forefront. The “lovin’ it” slogan now stands as the longest-running in the chain’s history. And it’s still very relevant in the new decade.
- Jolly Plumbing – “A Flush Beats a Full House”
- Many brands turn to puns when it comes to creating slogans, small businesses included. Jolly Plumbing combines the popular game of poker and plumbing. It’s simple, fun, and understandable by almost everyone.
Need help polishing your slogan or coming up with a fresh new one? Shoot us a message. Let our expert team of strategists, marketers, and creatives find new ways your brand can rise to the top of your industry.