We all get caught up in a delicate web of tasks that can spiral out of control in a blink of an eye. As a small business owner, we know that your company is your baby.
And we get it. You want to be hands-on as much as you can and see your brand blossom just the way you imagined it.
The problem with being too hands-on is that the quality of work diminishes because you’re spreading yourself too thin. But you don’t want to hire new staff members for financial reasons. What you can do is learn some time management tips, but sometimes there is not enough time in the world, literally.
If this solution is still not helping you, it just might be time to talk about the Big O – outsourcing.
What is outsourcing?
You’ve most likely heard of outsourcing before and its benefits and downsides. Outsourcing, briefly explained, is pursuing the support of outside organizations to perform specific tasks.
Thanks to the power of the internet, we’re as connected as ever with talented people all around the world. So now the question remains, “Should you outsource?” To get you situated, here are some pros and cons of outsourcing.
Benefits of outsourcing
- You can focus on the important aspects of your business again
- Save time and money
- Quality of work will improve
- Your business will receive specialized expertise
Disadvantages of outsourcing
- Work hours may be a hassle because of different time zones
- There might be cultural differences and language barriers
- Lose some control of tasks
- A dip in quality control
What roles to outsource?
With these in mind, it’s important to stop and think which tasks or roles should be outsourced. Because while you’re going to save in the long run, it is still an investment in which you’re entrusting your small business.
- Customer service – It’s 2019! Consumers are now global, or don’t sleep at all, and companies who can provide a 24/7 customer support will be miles ahead of the game. Running a business while responding to phone calls and emails can be taxing. But if you outsource your customer service, you can focus on your business and the new customer service team can concentrate on answering your consumers’ questions.
- Design and development – Creating the perfect website, logo, or other assets for your business takes a lot of time. There are a lot of talented designers who can work on marketing assets. All there is now is finding that team overseas who can deliver a style that speaks to you.
- Marketing and social media – These days, it’s hard to keep up with all the algorithm changes. Having an SEO team concentrating on your marketing and social media needs is vital to your success. From organic ads to paid campaigns or other social media marketing, you’ll have experts by your side (even though they might be overseas).
Finding the balance between which roles to outsource or hire in-house can be a demanding task. ULS can lift some weight off your shoulders. Let’s discuss all aspects of your business and work at sensible solutions. We offer consultation services and help run your digital marketing campaigns, social media, and search engine optimization.
It’s time to take the first steps to improve your company. We’ll get you there!
Check out our episode on outsourcing on ULS TV.